Must read! Bruce Jenner's ex-wife Linda Thompson writes about him | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Sunday 26 April 2015

Must read! Bruce Jenner's ex-wife Linda Thompson writes about him

Bruce Jenner's second wife and mother of his sons, Brandon and Brody Jenner, actress/lyricist Linda Thompson, 64, wrote an article titled 'How Living With and Loving Bruce Jenner Changed My Life Forever'. In the piece, Linda explains how Bruce came to her in 1985 and told her 4 years after they got married that he wanted to become a woman. This actually led to their divorce. "If Bruce had told me about his gender issue when we first began getting romantically involved, I would not have married him. Pure and simple." Linda writes. Her story is quite touching. Read below..
By now, Bruce Jenner has revealed his struggle with gender dysphoria. I never would have dared to speak on this issue before he was comfortable enough to do so first. It is, after all, his truth, so I knew he should be afforded the dignity to reveal that truth on his own time and in the way he sees fit. I have respectfully kept his secrets private and would have taken his confidences to my grave had he not spoken out.
Bruce and Linda got married in 1981, days after he finalized divorce from his first wife

But now, many years into his remarkable life, he has spoken out. His legacy will likely be sprinkled with references like "Olympian," "decathlon gold medalist," "world's greatest athlete," "son," "brother," "husband," "father," "grandfather," "friend," and, hopefully, "pioneer" and "trailblazer for the civil rights of the transgender community."

So as much as this is about Bruce, it's not all about him. The sharing of my experience is meant to enlighten and inform -- to lend a modicum of comfort and support for all those disenfranchised, struggling, discriminated-against, searching souls.

Bruce's story and his struggle are uniquely his; my experiences with Bruce are commensurately uniquely my own. Following is a brief history of my time with Bruce -- a life experience that shaped my existence immeasurably.
Linda (former Miss Tennessee USA) dated Elvis Presley for four years and lived with him until a year before he died

One hot Memphis night in July 1976, Elvis (yes, that Elvis) and I were watching the Summer Olympics that were being held in Montréal.

We were lying in bed (our usual perch) at Graceland and had been watching the telecast for days. We were pretty closely following the American athlete Bruce Jenner, who was dominating the decathlon competition. Bruce was on the final lap of his last race, the 10th event, and as he crossed the finish line to win the Olympic gold medal in the decathlon competition, distinguishing himself as the "world's greatest athlete," Elvis and I were exuberant about the win for the United States! We were also commenting on what an amazing specimen of a man Bruce Jenner was. Elvis remarked, "Damn if that guy is not handsome! I'm not gay, but damn, he's good-looking!" I quite agreed and teasingly said, '"Wow! He is gorgeous! I'm going to marry that guy someday!" Elvis replied, "Yeah, sure, honey, over my dead body."

I met Bruce Jenner at a celebrity tennis tournament three years later, in the spring of 1979. The tournament was a benefit for the John Tracy Clinic for deaf children. The event was held at the Playboy Mansion. I had never been to the mansion before, but Bruce had been living there part-time since his separation from his then-wife Chrystie.

I was a regular cast member on the TV variety show Hee Haw and a fledgling actress of some note (think Aaron Spelling shows), so I was invited to the mansion to hand out the winning trophies to the participants playing tennis. No surprise, Bruce won the tournament, and I presented him with his trophy. That's how we first met, on a tennis court.

Bruce was clad in shorts and a sweaty T-shirt, his well-toned, muscular body still in Olympic form. He was sweet, shy, and very gentlemanly. He asked me if I came to the Playboy Mansion often, and I said, "Oh, gosh, no! I've never even been here before!" I remember thinking I didn't want to give him the wrong impression. I didn't want him to think I was an aspiring Playmate!

His friendliness became a little flirty, so I asked him outright, "Hey, aren't you married?! I watched you win the Olympics, and as I recall, your wife was very present!" Bruce's whole demeanor changed as he sadly responded, "No, I'm separated, and it's really not a lot of fun." He seemed so childlike and lost in that moment that my heart truly went out to him. I said I was sorry to hear that, and we continued to chat for a while, still on the court.

Everyone at the John Tracy Clinic event was reconvening for dinner after tennis, and Bruce had planned to go home, shower, and change clothes before coming back to the event for dinner. However, he kept hanging around and finally explained, "I really don't want to leave you alone here, even for a little while. I've seen how George Peppard and others are looking at you and just waiting for me to leave so they can hit on you."

I thought, "How charming and gallant!" Bruce stayed in his shorts and T-shirt while others were dressed for dinner, and he and I continued to get to know each other. Bruce asked me out for dinner, and, of course, I said yes. Thus began a romantic relationship that lasted several years and produced two wonderful sons.

Bruce already had an adorable young son named Burt, and during a brief reconciliation with Christie, they were blessed with a beautiful baby girl named Cassandra. Burt and Casey (as I call her) have always been a tremendous blessing and gift to my life.

During the course of our dating, Bruce and I traveled to Australia to promote his upcoming film with the Village People, Can't Stop the Music. Alan Carr had produced the movie, and we became fast friends. Alan was very flamboyant, funny, creative, and generous. Alan insisted that, on our return trip from Australia, Bruce and I let him treat us to a pre-honeymoon of four days on the incredibly gorgeous island of Bora Bora in Tahiti.

Bruce and I had a relaxing and romantic time on this enchanting island. We stayed in one of those thatched-roofed, over-the-water huts, so we could just step off our deck into the crystal-clear water and be swimming with the multicolored fish instantly. At night we would lie under the stars and talk about our future and the magical quality of the universe in which we lived.

The Bruce I knew back then was an easygoing, down-to-earth, casual, romantic, good and loving man. I was extremely happy to have found such a remarkable partner with whom to share my life. I found him to be honorable and, well, just too good to be true. Just too good to be true indeed.

I found myself pregnant for the first time in my life. When the doctor's office called me to tell me the results of the pregnancy test, I fell to my knees with joy and prayed that I would be worthy of carrying that precious life. It is a feeling I'll never forget. I really felt in that moment that whatever had transpired in my life of any negative nature, any transgression I had ever perpetrated, had somehow been cleansed away from my being. This was a new start for my life. Clearly I was deliriously delighted with the news.

Bruce and I were married Jan. 5, 1981. We were married at the beautiful, beachfront Hawaiian home of Alan Carr. There were only about 35 people in attendance, including our parents. Bruce's son Burt served as the best man, even though he was only 2 years old and was constantly interrupting our nuptials with "I want up." It was very sweet and lent a warm, familial touch to the ceremony. My nieces, Jennifer and Amy Thompson, served as the flower girls, and my sister-in-law Louise was my matron of honor. It really was quite an extraordinarily beautiful wedding. We said our I-dos at 6 p.m., just as the sun was setting over the placid, blue Pacific Ocean.

It should be noted that Bruce was a very secure man, because the music I chose to walk down the aisle to was Elvis Presley's "Hawaiian Wedding Song." It had always been my dream to get married in Hawaii. It was a dream that had been spawned by Elvis' movie Blue Hawaii. I had watched that movie over and over as a little girl and always thought, "How very romantic it would be to get married in such a beautiful paradise!" To Bruce's credit, he went along with my fairytale plans for a cinematically inspired, sunset wedding in Alan Carr's Japanese garden at the base of Diamond Head, on Waikiki Beach, on the beautiful island of Oahu, Hawaii. Only Elvis was missing in my fairytale wedding.

Brandon Thompson Jenner was born June 4, 1981. I thought I knew what love was before giving birth to my baby, but whatever I had experienced in the past paled in comparison to the utterly unconditional love I immediately felt for the little bundle I now held in my arms. Burt and Casey came to the hospital and got to see and bond with their new little brother Brandon.

Those were very happy days for me. I truly loved Burt and Casey, and Brandon was the absolute sunshine in every day of my life! This newfound motherhood thing seemed to be my natural calling in life. I had already practiced on Burt and Casey, since Bruce and I frequently had them in our home, and they were still very young. So I felt prepared to be a mommy to Brandon. I loved having this little ready-made family to enjoy and spend time with.

Bruce and I actually made quite a great couple at the time. We got along exceedingly well and enjoyed many of the same activities, once he taught me how to do the sports that he enjoyed. Bruce taught me how to jet ski, water ski, snow ski, play tennis, eat healthfully, work out regularly, and basically lose my fear of getting my hair wet and opening my eyes underwater. Well, I may be exaggerating about losing my fear, but it is fair to say that Bruce unleashed a natural athlete in me. I became a pretty good tennis player, and Bruce and I even hosted our own celebrity tennis tournament benefiting United Cerebral Palsy in Children for several years. It was called the Bruce and Linda Jenner Love Match.

Bruce and I appeared on red carpets regularly, and we were perceived as a "glamour couple." We also lent our time to charitable causes. We were the national honorary chairpersons of the Juvenile Diabetes Association and regularly supported the Special Olympics.


One day we got a call from the White House asking if we would be available to meet President Ronald Reagan in the Oval Office as representatives of the Juvenile Diabetes Association. I was still nursing Brandon, and the timetable was, basically, "We would need you here in Washington the day after tomorrow." We didn't want to miss the opportunity to have an audience with the leader of the free world, so I barely had time to store up some breast milk, find something appropriate to wear, and get on that plane to our nation's capital. It was a quick turnaround. We were back in Malibu in a matter of hours, but the honor of meeting the president of the United States is a lasting memory. I was very content to be back home in Malibu with my sweet baby Brandon in my arms and an interesting memory to tell him about when he was older.

Bruce possessed such a natural athleticism in everything he attempted to do. He seemed to excel in every sport he tried. Whatever he did, he was daring and cut an amazing form. Bruce was pretty much the perfect specimen of a man. Men aspired to be like him and wanted to hang out and play sports with him, and women were clearly attracted to him. The Bruce I knew back then was unstudied, affable, and seemingly very comfortable in his own skin. So it seemed.

One summer Bruce and I were asked to do a summer stock production of Li'l Abner in Birmingham, Alabama. We thought that sounded like fun, so we agreed to do it. Bruce was surprisingly very musical and liked to dance. We traveled to Birmingham and went into rehearsals. Of course we took Brandon along, and he had a great time parading onstage right along with us, in his very own Li'l Abner costume. We actually got good reviews, although I discovered live theater was incredibly nerve-racking. I had done plays in high school before, but this was a full-on musical and was really quite demanding.

Bruce and I spent our days living at the beach, jet skiing, walking on the beach every morning with our coffee, sailing on a Hobie Cat, playing tennis, and otherwise just enjoying each other and many of the same activities. I thought we lived a pretty idyllic life.

When Brandon was just over 1 year old, we thought it would be nice for him to have a younger sibling. Pretty soon I was delighted to be pregnant with my second son, Sam Brody Jenner. I named Brody after my brother Sam. Brody was born Aug. 21, 1983.

Those were the happiest days of my life. I had a wonderful husband, who was the most athletic, high-spirited, energetic, easygoing, manly man imaginable. I had two beautiful, healthy baby boys. I had two great stepchildren. Life was just about as good as it gets. We had moved into a sweet, one-acre mini-estate where I planted roses, fruit trees, and flowers, and where many lasting memories were made.

Bruce traveled a lot, doing motivational speaking, working for NBC SportsWorld, racing cars, and throwing himself into other assorted jobs and activities. I often accompanied him, always bringing our sons, and sometimes I stayed home with the boys while he traveled.

When Brody was about 18 months old and Brandon was about 3 and a half years old, Bruce came to me one day with a very somber look on his face and said, "There's something about me that I really need to tell you, something you need to know." I truly thought he might possibly tell me he had had an affair while on the road. But that's not what he wanted to confess to me. Bruce told me that he identified as a woman. Not understanding exactly what he meant, I questioned him. "What do you mean you identify as a woman?" I asked. "What does that mean?" He replied that it meant that for as long as he could remember, he had looked in the mirror and seen a masculine image staring back at him where there should have been a feminine reflection. Bruce lamented, "I have lived in the wrong skin, the wrong body, my whole life. It is a living hell for me, and I really feel that I would like to move forward with the process of becoming a woman, the woman I have always been inside."

People have asked me, "Were there any signs or clues through the years that Bruce might have had this issue? Any evidence he wore your clothes?" No. Not a clue. Nothing. Nada. Never.

I would venture to say that 30 years ago, very few of us were adequately educated about the world of gender dysphoria. I certainly wasn't. I was living in my little Malibu cocoon of marital, motherly bliss with my world-champion, muscular, athletic, handsome husband. So my reaction to Bruce's shocking declaration was one of confusion, even desperation. I suggested that we go to therapy. I needed to understand fully what Bruce's issue was, and then to determine if it was something we could overcome or "fix." I was naïve. As I said, I was pretty ignorant of the fact that being transgender isn't something that can be overcome, fixed, prayed away, exorcised or obliterated by any other arcane notion. Being transgender, like being gay, tall, short, white, black, male, or female, is another part of the human condition that makes each individual unique, and something over which we have no control. We are who we are in the deepest recesses of our minds, hearts and identities. I had to learn that life lesson and apply it to my own expectations for my future and the future of my family.

I found a therapist who specialized in gender dysphoria. Her name was Dr. Gertrude Hill, and we began going to her right away. She was a lovely woman who very calmly, and as gently as she could, massacred me with the information that broke my heart into a million pieces. She told me in one of the first few sessions, "Linda, this is who Bruce is. His identity is that of a woman, and that will never, ever go away. You have a choice to make. If Bruce goes through with his gender reassignment, as he is now planning to do, you have the option of staying with him after he becomes she, or you can divorce him and move on with your life." She told us that 25 percent of transgender people commit suicide because they are so depressed and feel so hopeless.

Around that time Bruce considered traveling out of the country, possibly to Denmark, to have the gender-confirmation surgery and then come back to the U.S. identifying as female. I asked Bruce, "What about the children?" He thought maybe he could reenter their lives as "Aunt Heather."

As devastated as I was, my heart bled for Bruce and what he must have lived with his entire life. It's impossible for those of us who are comfortable living in our own skin to fully grasp what an imprisonment that must feel like to be born into the wrong body. I know it's difficult to understand, to emotionally or even intelligently wrap your head around. It was extremely difficult for me to comprehend, and adjust my life accordingly to, the realization that the man I had married -- the very masculine, gorgeous, ideal, wonderful hunk of a man -- would be no more. The human entity was still alive, but it truly was like mourning the death of the person I had grown to know and love.

Bruce and I separated after going to therapy for about six months -- just to exhaust any hope of keeping our family together. Being married to a woman was not what I had envisioned for my life.
I was so heartbroken that I would get in my car day and night and aimlessly drive up and down Pacific Coast Highway, crying. I mourned the death of my marriage, my man, and my dream of enjoying a lifetime of family togetherness. But I was also empathetic to, and mourned for, the pain that Bruce had experienced every day of his life. As earth-shattering as his confession had been for me, pulling the proverbial rug out from under my world, Bruce's struggle made mine pale in comparison. I now had to "man up," support Bruce and his decisions regarding his own body, take care of my sons, and move on with my life.

Bruce went to see a Dr. O'Dea and began taking female hormones. Thirty years ago the only hair removal that was permanent was electrolysis. There were no laser hair removal places then, as far as I know. Poor Bruce began the process of having electrolysis performed on his heavily bearded face. He then began having the hair on his chest removed. One excruciatingly painful hair at a time was targeted by an electrical current. Unimaginable. Bruce began to grow breasts as a result of the female hormones he was injecting. My life, my psyche, my femininity, my sexuality, my sanity was in a state of upheaval. I panicked about what I would ever tell my two boys about their former Olympian father, and how I would raise them alone. And then I would experience waves of crippling sorrow, not only for myself and my sons but for Bruce.

I may be the only woman in the state of California to have waived child support and alimony. But when Bruce and I divorced, that's what I did. As confused and sad as I was, Bruce was also very confused and extremely distraught. Again, Dr. Hill had told me that one in four transgender people commits suicide. I knew I didn't want that to happen. I had an open-door policy for Bruce when it came to visitation, letting him see his sons any time he wanted to. Brandon and Brody went over to his home occasionally but never spent the night there.

One day, after having spent a little time at Bruce's house, both boys came into the kitchen and said to me, "Mommy, we saw Daddy getting out of the shower naked, and Daddy has boobs!" That day I began trying to cover for Bruce, trying to protect him and trying to explain away what was clearly happening to his visage. I said, "Well, boys, you know how your dad was super-muscular and trained very hard for the Olympics? He had big muscles, and some of those muscles are called 'pectorals.'

When you stop training and you stop lifting weights, sometimes the muscle turns to fat. So his pectoral muscles have probably just gotten a little flabby and look like boobs." I was trying to shield Brandon and Brody from the truth and protect Bruce at the same time. It was exhausting.

I began dating David Foster, whom I subsequently married a few years later. Bruce dated several women, even though he had begun his transition and showed signs of it. He had no facial hair, no chest hair, and boobs, and he had gotten a nose job and trimmed his Adam's apple. Clearly he was still confused and conflicted as to how fully he was ready to commit to changing his life completely.

If Bruce had told me about his gender issue when we first began getting romantically involved, I would not have married him. Pure and simple. But looking back, I'm so grateful to God, the universe, and Bruce that I didn't know, and that Bruce played the role in my life that he did. What a tragedy that truth, if Bruce had confessed it in 1979, would have been for my existence as I have known it! I would never have experienced the joy, the honor, the privilege of being the mother of the two most precious gifts I have ever known, Brandon and Brody. As life has a way of unfolding as it is meant to, I have learned to trust life.
I felt such a reverent obligation to keep Bruce's gender dysphoria a secret for Bruce to reveal or not that I did not even tell my sons until they were 31 and 29 years old, respectively. I wanted Brandon and Brody to experience enough life and garner enough knowledge, confidence, and compassion to be able to deal with their father's true self. We are not defined by our parents, but we don't know that as young children. I tried to raise my sons to embrace open hearts, forgiveness, kindness, tolerance, and compassion. They have been imbued with good values and are remarkably noble, showing incredible acceptance, understanding, and forgiveness toward Bruce and others.

I wouldn't be completely forthcoming if I didn't disclose in this writing that after Bruce and Kris married, there were periods of several years going by without Bruce attempting to contact or visit his sons. No birthday cards or phone calls, no "Merry Christmas," no "Everything OK?" after the big Northridge earthquake. Brandon and Brody will never have those "Hallmark memories" of father-and-son moments. They were saddened by his lack of participation in their lives, and my heart ached for them. When Brandon asked me, "Mom, what kind of a father doesn't come to his son's graduation?" I meekly replied, "Honey, your dad may have been the world's greatest athlete physically, but emotionally, you have to view him in a wheelchair. If he had emotional legs, he'd get up and walk to you, but he just doesn't right now. Just try to understand him, love and forgive him." It was an analogy that seemed to soften the blow at the time, and I do believe that forgiveness is a gift we give ourselves; it's really not even for the person we choose to forgive but for us. We only do harm to ourselves when we harbor resentment and vitriol toward another. I do believe that everything is forgivable; some things are inexcusable but forgivable.
After Brandon and Brody were grown and I did reveal their father's issue, I think the knowledge helped them put the pieces together and explain some of Bruce's dysfunctional parenting. I certainly did my share of rationalizing through it all.

After having harbored his secret, and feeling in my heart and mind that I have protected him through these years, I can now breathe a little easier, knowing he now has found the strength and the courage to fulfill his dream. He can finally realize his need to be who he authentically is, who he was born to be. That takes tremendous courage. For that I commend him.

Bruce has already "gone through the fire," suffered unfathomable discomfort and pain, been held prisoner in his own flesh. It is certainly not our place to judge him or others who may feel trapped, ostracized, or alone.

My hope and my prayer is that humanity has evolved enough and been properly educated to exercise kindness toward those who have struggled or who we may perceive to be "different." Our uniqueness, our individuality, and our life experience molds us into fascinating beings. I hope we can embrace that. I pray we may all challenge ourselves to delve into the deepest resources of our hearts to cultivate an atmosphere of understanding, acceptance, tolerance, and compassion. We are all in this life together.

As Henry James so wisely advised, the three most important things in life are:
  1. Be kind.
  2. Be kind.
  3. Be kind.

152 comments:

Davido's driver said...

Will read after church. Lindaobserve

Davido's driver said...

Too long. Let me print

NaijaDeltaBabe said...

Kilode?! Dis long thing? Hian!

Manuel Kunmi said...

Fame whores abeg Mtchewwwwwww

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm.....
I still can't understand why someone will decide that God made a mistake in creating him the way he is.


FutureMrsBlossomChukwujiekwu....

Anonymous said...

Uhmm!This Bruce Jenner's stuff is really getting interesting...Real loonngggg story! I wonder how his sons Brandon & Brody are taking it..

www.glowyshoes.com said...

Lmao..i second that biko.

www.glowyshoe.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Abi
* * * Linda's 1st Daughter * * *

Spontaneous. said...

Somebody pls summarize. God bless you

Anonymous said...

Uhmm!This Bruce Jenner's stuff is really getting interesting...Real loonngggg story! I wonder how his sons Brandon & Brody are taking it...So much going on in their lives I jst dont get it..

Anonymous said...

Too long abeg mtcheeew

Unknown said...

i tried but couldnt finish reading it...

TAMARA SPLASH said...

Too long a story

Unknown said...

Na novel?

Amakanwa said...

Linda enough already! Don't you have something useful to post? Are you running out of news or do you want to become a man In future? What's all this?

Unknown said...

All dis story for wht nau? Pls someone should tell him or lead him to accept Jesus Christ as his Lord, and personal saviour. Diswil solve dis runnish, and put an end to dis nonsense his life.

Unknown said...

Lmaoooooooo. .elvis was a crazy funny dude.. the part where he said over my dead body n she did marry Bruce. .life. oh well..

Unknown said...

I wish we talk abt Jesus the way we talk abt this useless belinda.....look @ d long nonsense u want us to read! Meanwhile have u read ur bible today? Olekwoolii

Blog It With Olivia said...

Its still their business u know

Anonymous said...

Linda are alright @all do u expect me to read all this about an individual not on a continent? Pls can someone summarise in one word!

Unknown said...

Ehya... This Linda thompson is the real wife,, he didn't tell kris cos they wud av sold the story... Am happy for him

Unknown said...

Long tin

Unknown said...

Hmmmmm, God help us all. Only him alone knows whhat we are meant to be in life.

Unknown said...

Inspiring story on forgiveness and love and acceptance.. but with my background I know God has a reason for making us the way He did. So dis born a man but have a woman's body story is Nonsense as far as am concerned...

Dr. BlonQo said...

For those who are confused, the summary is he was born a handsome straight man, but deep inside she's is actually an ugly lesbian woman. Capiche.

SMURF said...

Abeg Linda this is too long, who wants to read all these, after we already found out Bruce wants to be a woman?

Unknown said...

All I read was be kind be kind be kind.


OKORO UPGRADED**

Unknown said...

At dis stage of his life instead of him to b amending his ways of life, and ensure dat he lives his life@right wit God he is doing otherwise. I wonder if they r no christians over there in America to lead him to Christ.

Unknown said...

Amakanwa!!! LMAO @ do u want to become a man in the future.

Unknown said...

Epistle.....watever rocks their boat


Moye says so via BB Passport...Courtesy LIB....

Cicee said...

Wow! Can't believe I read every word. Quite a waste of time but couldn't stop reading

Unknown said...

Wow. We all v our different battles we fight on a daily basis.

Unknown said...

Can somebody read and write out the summary, abi d main plot abeg

Unknown said...

Still can't condemn or judge him.
That's the role of his creator not me.

Unknown said...

After knowing he wanted 2 b a woman, ow cum he married kris jenner? Their headache sha

Unknown said...

Hmmmm dis is serious Ooo

Marshall Matters said...

This woman is one wise celebrity, why is kris a celebrity again??

Anonymous said...

Interesting read.

Unknown said...

I read it to d end, i luv dis woman! Indeed u are a woman! U kept d secret eventhough d news was like a hell to u! Ur kind of person is one in a million. Just finishing taking my guiness malt and peak-milk 4 more strength. Lolo1

Marshall Matters said...

Stop typing nonsense if you can't read. Mumu eddy

Aj Gabriel T said...

Lmao @ Olekwoolii. Ife nkea dikwa egwu o

Klodyn said...

I took the pains to read and I have learnt alot

Anonymous said...

life with christ is filled with peace and joy.... life without christ brings confusion and crisis..

AMIJEZ said...

This is a real woman. I think the whole thing is demonic, still not concur with a man after 65 years of his life wants to turn to a woman. The devil is really challenging God.

AbokiDaWarriBoy said...

Hai! All dis long essay hajiya linda, na WAEC ni????

maryann said...

So long but interesting..I read till the end of it..He simply need deliverance

Anonymous said...

Exactly! It's left for God to judge him since God created him!

Unknown said...

Aww ..very touching story

Unknown said...

Cute woman tho..even at 64

Unknown said...

Aww ..very touching story

Jojo said...

he has always felt d need to become a woman. So changing to a woman now is his dream come true.

Unknown said...

Oh Lord!

ary said...

No matter how people feel sorry for this guy, I don't people transition everyday, one of the Wacholski brothers transitioned so why all the fanfare for this selfish man?! After 5 kids, he decides to changes sees? What a way to have a mid life crisis.

Anonymous said...

In one word? Balderdash!

Anonymous said...

Thats why GEJ, OBJ, Buhari keep giving you glamorised summarises and you guys buy it hook line and sinker. Why did you smell it if you can not eat it?

Unknown said...

Huh! So lengthen, but I took my time to read thru. She's a woman with a good heart. I felt for her. This Transgender of a thing sef na wa o!

iyke cindy said...

Too long!!!wateva rocks his boat.

Anonymous said...

Now i understand...Thanks Linda!
As long as he is happy...Shikena!

Unknown said...

My question is how come he married Kris again n stay with her unto 20 something years

Anonymous said...

Linda there is God ooooooo.in Patience jonathan voice

Kulikuli said...

Nobody truly knows God. Nobody. But at least we believe, and trust Him. And therefore should not question his decision for our lives. If my Maker decided for me to be a man and I spend 65 years torturing myself, questioning my God, my existence my Ultimate Reality, I have no trust, no faith, I am groundless, I am Godless, In fact, I do not exist. This is the exact same reason people do plastic surgery; they question God!

Kulikuli said...

Nobody truly knows God. Nobody. But at least we believe, and trust Him. And therefore should not question His decision for our lives. If my Maker decided for me to be a man and I spend 65 years torturing myself, questioning my God, my existence my Ultimate Reality, I have no trust, no faith, I am groundless, I am Godless, In fact, I do not exist. This is the exact same reason people do plastic surgery; they question God!

Kulikuli said...

Nobody truly knows God. Nobody. But at least we believe, and trust Him. And therefore should not question His decision for our lives. If my Maker decided for me to be a man and I spend 65 years torturing myself, questioning my God, my existence my Ultimate Reality, I have no trust, no faith, I am groundless, I am Godless, In fact, I do not exist. This is the exact same reason people do plastic surgery; they question God!

Anonymous said...

so he was no there for his kids while married to kris how sad www.adhubbing.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I cant stand shortsighted Nigerians.i think we should all try to understand where this man is coming from.read read read and in that peoole are different

APPLE said...

Hmmmm…I read it till the end... So touching. I wish Bruce well.

Anonymous said...

SEBEE REMIX FT OLAMIDE, ORITSE FEMI VIDEO SHOOT TODAY - BRG x YBNL x MSN #SEBEESEASON #UnDULL 🔥

Unknown said...

HMMMMM............SO DOES THAT MEAN THAT KRIS KNEW HE WAS TRANSFORMING AND STILL MARRIED AND STAYED WITH HIM FOR MANY YEARS?????

NA WA OOO

Anonymous said...

It's not a must read for me biko. You want me to read that long nonsense. Bia take your time.

Anonymous said...

Bruce is just a wicked and selfish being. He wanted to eat his cake and have it back, fortunately for him he accomplished it. He experienced living as a man and all the benefits, now he wants to be a woman. Who toys with other people's emotions like this? If he had always identified as female why did he ever marry? Not once but thrice! There are people who never married, so why didn't he? Why wait till now to transition? It would have been better if he took this secret with him to the grave honestly speaking. He couldn't just make this sacrifice for his family...smh...Well, it's not a curse but I don't see him living much longer after now.

BrendaN

Anonymous said...

I read it all. To be scincere America has gone way to far in understanding human existence and individual uniqueness as against popular religious beliefs on creation. Bruce battle can only be understood by gays and well educated people who look beyond religion. If u are an educated Nigerian, u need to step up to comprehend the puzzle here. It's not for the shallow minded. Nigerians love screaming haven but they are the ones in possession of the giant key to the gate of hell. If ure gay I advice u shouldn't lose focus about ur life goals and dreams while struggling for your happiness.

Anonymous said...

He is too old for such a transition.. He's just gonna be a granny.. He better man up and leave transitioning for onyx and his likes.. Lol

Anonymous said...

I read it all. To be scincere America has gone way to far in understanding human existence and individual uniqueness as against popular religious beliefs on creation. Bruce battle can only be understood by gays and well educated people who look beyond religion. If u are an educated Nigerian, u need to step up to comprehend the puzzle here. It's not for the shallow minded. Nigerians love screaming haven but they are the ones in possession of the giant key to the gate of hell. If ure gay I advice u shouldn't lose focus about ur life goals and dreams while struggling for your happiness.

Anonymous said...

sooooo long

tdbexperience.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Toooooo long hah...will read wen am less buzy

LuchiDataLady said...

I think Bruce is possessed

Unknown said...

I also savour that part bout Elvis as Z's been a Huge fan.
No day passes by without me jammin to 'Blue Suede Shoes' either in the Crib or when ridin in the Daimler n at times while sweatin on the Job.
luv ur DP Ms Ummi. I think i jst got ma self a new fetish on LIB. Cheerz Pretty face.

luvlyn said...

So touching. The world should pls support is decision...he's a brave man and not selfish at all,coz if he was with out thinking of is children he would hav done diz long time ago bravo

Anonymous said...

Did you watch the interview at all? He told Kris, she knew he use to cross-dress and take female hormones

Anonymous said...

All we can offer demand is our prayers not insults

Unknown said...

The issue here is that Bruce is confused. After discovering who he is, still going about dating women and even marrying Kris at last? Ok as lezbian partner or what? Mtcheeew
This Linda Thompson u are a wise woman.

Unknown said...

Lengthy, but very interesting piece. She seems humble and wise.




#TeamBlessed#

PRETTY GIRL said...

I tried but just gave up... Freaking too long # interesting story though

Juleslouis said...

Ehyah! But I'm still confused as to how someone will want to be female or gay. Does it mean God made a mistake cuz i know he doesn't!

candymoni said...

Hmmmmm story every where what can I say God is perfection and knows and see all.he dint make a mistake creating you or i. Let God be the judge

African foodstuff and Raw Materials said...

Had to read it, nice, slept for some minutes and woke up to continue, she really tried can't imagine wat she must av been through..

Unknown said...

Boring... next pls

Unknown said...

@eddy calling someone a fame whore,his Life,His choices,His decisions,not ur bizness,accept him or not pple are already seeing him as a hero,its better to voice out ur pain dan to be depressed and live a life of lie and loneliness,I dnt support gays,lesbians or trans genders,bt if changing ur self gvs u confidence to move on,do it and live ur life

Mr 47 said...

I wish God can just decide one day and Kill the Devil for good, putting an end with all this Torment towards mankind. Linda, u ma'am are a great wife.

Unknown said...

Learn to cultivate reading habits dear humans! Smh...

Mr 47 said...

Lol yeah and she did over his dead body lol

Mr 47 said...

Haha! After reading a while, I just skipped to where the confession started since that's the main point of d post lol

Anonymous said...

I read all thru this piece with so much rapt! Trust me this woman is read,schooled has a descriptive power if writing like Achebe and was it emotional? Yes! It got me tearing ...she's so gorgeous and the first son is drop-dead gorgeous! The second too.

Anonymous said...

I'm with u Marshall Matters. She's an amazing woman. Long read but i didn't mind at all. Amazing woman. Kris pales in comparison.

Anonymous said...

Eddy must u comment. Like is said earlier, she's an amazing woman.

Unknown said...

I read everything. .its really touching. .I feel for Bruce .We should learn to judge others less we don't know what they're going through

Anonymous said...

This man is an embarrassment to his family God forbid abeg am not a pastor but changing ur gender from the way are created is a sin towards the creator...he God has the power to create you a man or a woman so why changing ur gender common that's wrong

Unknown said...

Wow never believe I could read thru this lenty article but it became so interesting that I couldn't stop. The woman truly loved him and I can only imagine the kind of heart break she must have passed thru. It's very sad.

Anonymous said...

Everyone should endeavour to read the entire article to understand what life can throw in ones path....and the loyalty and lessons to be learnt.

Folashade Idowu said...

I can't believe I read this all through, seriously no regret I did that. This woman is a super woman, a good and courageous damsel with a good heart. Hummm, God knows best. One thing is sure, no one has the right to challenge God.

katwoman_7 said...

This is a good story,, so Kris knew he was gay when they marry.

Anonymous said...

oo long go, linda please tell us something worth hearing this one is story for the gods

Anonymous said...

LINDOSKI SOME NOVEL ARE NOT THIS LONG SELF

Anonymous said...

I read everything.
Since Brody knew the truth of his parents split, why then was he always picking on Kris, acting like she stole him from his mum. I love that Brandan is mature. He married a woman who looks exactly like his mum.
Kris Jenner is not a witch after all. This has been who Bruce has always wanted to be.
I am not into men but ladies, but I will have to marry a man and pretend I love his dick so I don't get rejected. Do you know how sick that makes me feel?

Anonymous said...

Wow! This woman is amazing! The strength! God bless her heart! My question is Kris though! In Bruce's interview he said Kris would sometimes see him in dresses. How was she ok with living such a lie??? Na wa for these Kardashians o!

Anonymous said...

Whao!!! She's just too good, she's a cookie.... but ds Bruce issue is not funny, the kids are gon start calling him "mom dad" now? Most times we all need to embrace our self and accept ourself no matter wat... I wish Belinda d best o

Anonymous said...

Am d only one who thinks its only the Kardashians that are giving him full support?? How abt Brandon and Brody?

Unknown said...

@over my dead body-clear indication of d saying dt there z power in d tongue AND y£$ d Story z 2 long had 2 stop somewhere..

Anonymous said...

Chai, i really feel for this man. He has really gone true a lot.
After being such a succesful man, yet still strugles to become a woman, its really beyound ordinary comprehention.
God knows better, no doubt he " said Judge not."
He lost a wonderful wife..the writer of this article-sounds a great mind...." forgiveness is a gift we give ourselves... somethings are inexcusable but forgiveable.
Life is deep.

Anonymous said...

See story! say who die..

Unknown said...

Hhhmm....long story.

Anonymous said...

I read everything to d end but I know is dat God is not a man dat he should make mistakes...if he wanted u a woman he would have created u as a woman.....I hope u have a rethink before it's too late

Anonymous said...

I read it, its so sad he has always wanted to become a woman since 1984 why then did he marry kris? Then he had to live years with 5 self obsessed beautiful women, he won't be able to identify with d man in him. Am sure his transition was part of his divorce with kris,she soon write her own story too. What a sad life he lives.

Unknown said...

My heart goes out to Bruce and his entire family. Most especially,my heart goes out to this woman for all she went through and endured. I respect her for her strength to forgive.

Unknown said...

Touching story. Like her disposition.

OMG!WOMAN said...

Poor Bruce. This lady is such a kind woman. But I can't still bring my self to believe there's anything like being trapped in the wrong body. It's just your psych.

Unknown said...

Very touching story,they were so happy together

Anonymous said...

Can't believe I read everything
Summary :The Ex wife claims to know about the situation more than Kris
2.another keeping up with the kardashians must watch head line breaker
3.i don't believe God made anyone in ignorance

Anonymous said...

@AbokiDaWarriIDiOT, ur comment is so senseless, and foolish. Check out Royal P comment and urs and tell us which one make sense. No wonder u r d fool on dis blog.

U better go and fine better tin to do in ur life instead of fooling ursef here. Bet sure nothing for u dis year bcos wit dis ur senseless comments abeg park well. OYO 4u so don't waste ur time.

Anonymous said...

@AbokiDaWarriIDiOT, ur comment is so senseless, and foolish. Check out Royal P comment and urs and tell us which one make sense. No wonder u r d fool on dis blog.

U better go and fine better tin to do in ur life instead of fooling ursef here. Bet sure nothing for u dis year bcos wit dis ur senseless comments abeg park well. OYO 4u so don't waste ur time.

Subomi said...

time for lots of follow-up stories to come out.

Unknown said...

I pity u, see ur picture. What kind of a man are u?

Sweet Peaches247 said...

I absolutely agree with you Nnenne Adani. GOD have. Mercy on us all!

Unknown said...

This Bruce Jenner story is ridiculous, make e jst go commit suicide......Ozuor

Unknown said...

Gosh, what's really wrong with u. Are u trying to model or what. If u wanna be gay, be one. But done demean urself so low to acting and dressing like a female.

Anonymous said...

What a touching story! No need to judge, we would all answer to the creator someday some way!! #Joshe

Anonymous said...

The wanting to be a woman was aggravated by the many girls of the kardashians family he stayed with

Anonymous said...

The truth about this is that pple are quick to judge others without first understanding wat that person is passing through. Thank God I frm nigeria & I also had love of God from the beginning. I also had a similar problem & I alwaysed attributed it to a spiritual problem & to crown it all my father abused me psychologically and wen I was depressed I never had anybody to talk to because I had lost my biological mother at a tender age & wen my dad remarried the situation became harsh as I was locked inside & prevented from playing ball or games with friends. All these events became worse & increased the ,even still my dad cousin who stayed with us molested me as a kid into gay sex. Hmmmm is painful my dad poured all his frustration of his life on me & called me a possessed&useless child severally for acting girly, it was a painful world for me as I heard nobody to talk to because I felt I was strange.i was mocked bullied abused while I was in school but I overcame all of these by my love for God & humanity I have always felt I had something creative & good to offer to this world that why I never considered suicide wich was my option as at then. My dear lib is always good to put urself in pples shoes before u judge them. I never wished to hav that defect especially being a first child but I guess it was my own cross & if u think am still girlly hell no! I had to make do with anything associated with making me girlly like rubbing facial powder & watching girlly shows and so on & now am a manly man but u never can tell nowadays there are so many men who are girlly on the inside but play & watch sports 100%.

Anonymous said...

Interesting! Love story all the way! Wait a minute, did this woman just admitted that some kind of force was behind her inability to conceive b4 meeting wit Bruce? #justcurious #personal perception thou.

Anonymous said...

They already knew he was meant to be "she" before now. Their script writer mum told them b4 now ehh! So plsssss read, n try to understand this time ok? Lol.

Anonymous said...

Lol! As MONICA she is.

Anonymous said...

My dear ooo! Anyways d writer said it all. Confusion and indecision.

Anonymous said...

Am sooo impressed wiv ha,shez such a smartie n quite knowledgeable, y'all shud tke a lil tym off n read wat was written,uld surely grab a thin or two

Favourmoyse Blog said...







isn't there a summary for this tin





WHAT’S IN YOUR BAG? to read more

MADE IN NIGERIA said...

This is just long but I read through and its quite a touching story.....hmmmmmmmm, Bruce Jenner, may God help you, datz all I can say.

Anonymous said...

Big mumu eddy

Anonymous said...

Touching write up...dt part wen he. Married Kris,he cut off. His. Sons....*whew! Kardashians destroyin relationships since 1901

Unknown said...

Wow. Very interesting . If he didn't trans to woman he could have killed himself

Unknown said...

Thanks, I second that. He is possessed

Unknown said...

Read it to the end. Well, I learnt two thing. Something's are inexcusable but forgivable. Secondly, we should be kind and forgive people. But, one thing, Bruce is experiencing some ARA OKOROBIA.

Anonymous said...

Such a tragedy for you and your children and yes, I believe that he should have informed you of this before you were married.I also watched him win the awards at the Olympics. Bruce was the extremely masculine and good looking as well as an amazing athlete.However, to endure an entire life living a lie is no way to live..I wish all the best for the complete transformation and that the public does not crucify and the media is kind.

berry said...

Aunty heather may God forgive u sha for telling him he made a mistake in creating you

Unknown said...

Such a good wife....this Bruce's gender change is still such a shock, wonder why he's doing it at this advanced age and not in his youth.




Looking for your next signature outfit? We've got you covered!

konga.com/aura-by-titi

aurabytiti.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Rather too long and boring. Three times married, three times dicorced. He sure has the problem.

Amy said...

*divorced

Anonymous said...

Shusshh@Anon6.33pm ITK..Mtcheeww....

AOI said...

This woman is beautiful in and especially out. Very beautiful!!! So is definitely wrong with Bruce.

Anonymous said...

One could even say that's why he was able to last for so long. I wish him happiness though! He has waited long enough! Only God knows what everyone is fighting. Life is hard we should not judge. To each his or her own

Anonymous said...

She finish work.

ceecee said...

Hmmm...2 long a story biko! Y'all can't judge d guy,ur sin isn't beta dan he's sin. God sha has plenty work on d last day

Anonymous said...

Can you blame him? It's Linda who promotes his rubbish from time to time that I blame. Calling him "fab" and sexy , making him severely misguided. Sometimes we need to call a spade a spade.

Unknown said...

Choi, this is too long abeg

Recent Posts