Violated - A victim’s rape story | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Monday 24 November 2014

Violated - A victim’s rape story

Found this on The Nation, more women are sharing their rape stories. Keeping quiet should never be an option when raped because by keeping quiet, you will make other women victims. Please Speak Up. Read this lady's story below...
Mrs. Abidemi Ronke Ekanem who was assaulted as a growing child experienced brutal rape at the tender age of 19 in the year 2001.  Thirteen years after, now 32 years old and married, she is still full of fury. Her anger stems from the brutality and frequency of rape cases which is not helped by the erroneous societal notions that leave the victims suffering alone in silence. This led her to found a Non-Governmental Organisation which she named End Rape and Sexual Abuse (ERSA).
She recounted her traumatic experience and also highlighted the lasting effects to Joke Kujenya.
It appears she is still battling with her decade-plus inner pain. She blurted out: “No woman deserves to be raped, no matter the circumstances. That is why rapists must not be left off the hook or allowed to go scot-free. While the physical hurts can be mended overtime, it is the inner struggle that people cannot see that is hardest to deal with because it has no set time limit. For all victims of rape, the emotional scars lasts a lifetime.”

Abidemi Ekanem hails from Ijio, Ile-Ife. After completing her secondary school education, she gained admission to the Lagos State University (LASU), Iyana-oba, Lagos to study Law though she was a science student in her secondary school days.

She narrates her story: “At some point after the registration, I realised that my reasons for wanting to study Law at LASU was not viable. I wanted to be an activist. But I felt I could actually be a doctor or another kind of professional. I knew that I caught the activism bug due to my brief participation in the late Moshood Abiola June 12 struggles. So, I went to my dad and pleaded that I was studying Law in LASU for the wrong reasons and begged for a change of course and college. Of course, my dad was unhappy with me. But after much pleading and as his first and only child by my mom to him, he helped me through his friends to get admitted into Adeyemi College of Education (ACE) in Ondo State to study Mathematics which as a course, I loved so much”.

Her period of admission to the Adeyemi College of Education (ACE) coincided with the one year anniversary of a deceased student union activist. The occasion became so violent with gun shots being fired everywhere. As a result, almost all the students had to vacate the campus. Abidemi also left and went back to Lagos. The school was closed till further notice.

Some weeks later, she learnt that the school was to be re-opened. Full of enthusiasm, she promptly left for Ondo the next day. On getting there, she found the campus still under lock and key. However, instead of returning to Lagos, she went to the off-campus hostel of her female friend whom she had been squatting with all along. She said in the hostel which is right across the campus there were other friends with whom she was relating. One of them, she said, is “a very kind-hearted guy, Seun, almost like our blood brother who always ensured all was well with us.”

She narrates her story further: “I was in our hostel one afternoon awaiting the re-opening of our campus when my father sent a letter through a guardian for me to take to a female friend of his who was then the Registrar at the Federal University of Technology (FUTA), Akure, because she was to travel out of the country the next day. My dad, who was a banker then, sent the letter for the fact that he didn’t like my attending a college of education when all of his friends’ children were in the universities across the world. So, he wanted me to change to FUTA because he felt embarrassed when his associates asked where his daughter was schooling. And he was a man given to ardent reading.
“My dad’s instruction was that I must not just drop the letter and run off. He said that the woman would see me and take necessary action as they had discussed and agreed. And prior to that, while in ACE, he had made me to sit for the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) exams, which I reluctantly, but obediently did as I was content being in ACE. But when the first list came out, my name wasn’t on the list when I went to check it. As for me, I closed FUTA’s chapter. But my dad won’t. He wanted his child in a university.”

Though reluctant, Abidemi decided to obey her father. It was during her trip to Akure that she had her traumatic experience. She recounts her experience: “Mine is a story of a first and only one-night multiple rapes. Please, don’t get me wrong, not all the five men infiltrated me, only Kunle did, but the others actively participated in more demeaning ways.

“I did not leave for Akure the day my father sent the latter. I had to prepare, ask friends how to get to Akure and others. I intended to stay only one day since I didn’t know anyone in Akure. Prior to that time, we had a very stern no-nonsense lecturer in ‘Education 101′ in ACE called “Baba Koleosho”. With him, every student sat up and faced his or her studies. You dared not miss his class without a very cogent reason. As for his ‘cut-off mark’, we all strove hard to match up. So, he was one lecturer every student knew so well and we dare not dare him.

“Along the line, I also knew the name “Kunle omo Baba Koleosho” (Kunle, Baba Koleosho’s son); but I never really knew who was so called. However, I had seen this ‘character’ a few times, and I said a ‘hi’ to him. To me, he was just one older person on the bloc. But I never knew he was the one called Kunle. So, on the day I was to go to Akure, I had actually set out when Seun, my friend and brother-in-ACE called me back that ‘Kunle omo Baba Koleosho’ was going to FUTA. My instant reaction was ‘so’?

“Seun, now on the benefit of hindsight, persuaded me out of a pure heart that I should move with Kunle to make my journey easier and the rounds I would make on campus also faster. But what no one knew about Kunle, as I later found out, was that, at home, he was the good child while in his school, he was beastly.

“I left with Kunle. On the bus, each of us paid our fares and when we got to Akure, he urged me to quickly run to the woman registrar’s office. He ran with me and I was so thankful. He told me not to worry since I was his father’s student. He then left me at the registrar’s office and went his way. At the office, the secretary told me that her boss was in a meeting, and indeed, series of meetings, but that by 5.00pm, she should be through to attend to me. A few minutes after 5.00pm, the woman being nowhere close to her office, I jumped off my seat and told the secretary that I had to drop the letter since the woman should know how to connect with my dad and tell him her decision.

“But the secretary persuaded me to stay till 6.00pm saying that her boss would not work beyond that time as she also hated getting to her home late. So, I sat back, waiting. About 6.00pm on the hour, Kunle showed up at the registrar’s office and asked how far. I told him I hadn’t seen the woman and needed to start rushing to Ondo before the day got dark or darker. Kunle said it won’t be right for him to be there like a ‘big brother’ to me and allow me to embark on such a dreary night journey.

“I was hesitant outright and told him not to worry. But he assured me not to worry that ‘my elder brother, Seun’ back in Ondo, would be sad if he heard that I was left to travel at such an odd hour. Then, the registrar’s secretary also concurred that since someone was willing to help me, it would enable me return to the school first thing early the next morning, a Saturday, to catch up with the registrar whose regular routine was to come clear her table before embarking on her trip much later in the day. And since she won’t be as busy, I felt that was better for me.

“As a teenager, I never slept in any other person’s home besides my father’s home and our hostel. So, it really felt strange following Kunle to his home in Ilara-Mokin but I learnt students call it “Ilara Monkey”, there in Akure. One queer thing about him was that he looked like a responsible man. Moreover, I never heard any bad stories about him and as my lecturer’s son, I didn’t feel any pessimistic inclination he could be capable of such.

“Moreover, the day, a Friday, was like any regular day. I had planned to return to Ondo same day, not Saturday. It never occurred to me something unusual lurked. So, after thanking the registrar’s secretary, I left with him. When we got to his house, there were many people on the outside because it was a ‘face-me-I-face-you’ apartment. He greeted some of the people, shook hands with few and introduced me as his ‘sibling’. So, that made me calmer and when we got to his room, I thanked him so deeply. He told me it was nothing that he only did what he would do for his younger sister. At that, I felt really at home.

“And though I wasn’t afraid at this point in time, I was really relaxed. Also for most of the time, he didn’t come into the room. I had eaten at a local cafeteria on my way from FUTA; so, all I did was to read my books as I always travel with one or two. He encouraged me to relax that he was still out with his house mates. And I heard them talking and laughing but remained in the room alone.
“A few minutes close to 12.00am, it was time for me to observe my ‘wakati adura’ (hour of prayer) as my dad brought me up that way as a white garment church member. I had on a pair of black jeans trouser with a round-neck T-shirt. I even thanked and prayed to God for Kunle’s blessings. Later, I laid in one corner – not on his bed – of the room and slept. I wondered why he could stay out that late. It wasn’t my business.

“Shortly, he came into the room, touched me and I turned. He said he thought I was asleep. Then he left and went out again. Barely five minutes later, I felt a painful jerk at my waist. Startled, I opened my eyes to see five men surround me. I quickly jumped up. Meanwhile, my gown was not transparent. They told me to get up and I remember I started sweating profusely in that early hours of the morning. I was also shivering and Kunle asked me what had they done that I was quivering and weeping. The he said: ‘cry as much as you like, no one can come here to rescue you’.

“Quickly, I knelt down and begged him. I told him to see me as his ‘younger sister’. He said I wasn’t his family. As I kept pleading with them, one of them called Olumide slapped my mouth and told me to keep quiet. But it was quite hard for me to be quiet at such a time. Then, a third guy pulled out a gun and pointed it at me. He told me I could be killed and easily discarded without any trace.

“Kunle then callously asked me to ‘willingly’ undress. I begged him so passionately and when they saw that I wasn’t yielding, one of them kicked me in the legs and I crumbled. Before I could turn to balance myself to stand up, one of them pulled my legs and with the gun again to my head, ordered me to remove my trousers and that was it. When I tried to tear at any of their skins, they beat me. Oh, I was badly beaten. I was crying but no one in the house came close to the door.

“So, Kunle’s friends pinned me down for him to have me for as long as he wanted while they ran their hands across every sensitive part of my body. One of them lifted up my pants to show me and said it had become their ‘exhibit’. I wept bitterly, still begging Kunle to kindly stop. I told him to remember how his father would feel knowing his son could do such. I even told him to think of how his girl friend, Funke (surname withheld) would feel hearing this madness. Another slap from his cronies stopped me. I was then ordered to keep silent. At this point, I did.
“Kunle’s friends started pleading to have a go; he told them to be satisfied with touching me, that for that night, I was his. Hearing that said of me, I shrieked and wept sore. After some time, he said he was tired and got up. Quickly, I tried to run out but they pushed me back into the room. So, I coiled up in a corner and cried more. I got so exhausted, I slept off.
Towards the morning, probable about 5.00 am, Kunle returned to the room. Again, he hit me hard and this time, he pulled me with so much force, you would think I was one heavy object. I just stayed still. I didn’t give any fight as before. I was 19 in the home of a total stranger. He had had me. If I fought this time, what difference would it have made? The only thing I could do was to pray, ‘God, help me don’t let this man kill me’. He was so rough and forceful you would think I had offended him at some point in his life. He would hit me to be participatory but I was too deadened to react. He did all sorts of despicable things on me I could not imagine that was my life being briskly transmuted from a sane to a septic being.

“When he was through, he kicked me to get up and clean up as it was morning already. He then mumbled that I should remember I had an appointment to keep and if I liked it, I could as well forget about getting educated. After he left, I quietly pulled up my pair of trousers, picked up my little stuff, tucked them into my bag and waited for 7.00am. Meanwhile, his friends left with my pant. As I stepped out of his room, I felt so dirty I fell down on the floor and wept. Few people around just walked past me. That was when I heard someone mumbled ‘Pity, those cult boys have dealt with this one again’. I looked up sharply. I could not make out who said it.

“I was still there when a guy touched me and introduced himself as Omotayo. He then asked if Kunle and gang had raped me. Even though I didn’t answer him, he wept and apologised that if he hadn’t gone for his church vigil service, he would have averted the evil as he had done in time past. On hearing that, I began crying again as I walked toward the motor park to where, I really could not tell. Surprised, I saw Kunle beside me whispering ‘Omo girl, o ni binu ni o. O ti sele, ko si nkan ta le se si’. (Well young lady, it’s happened, there’s nothing that can be done to undo it. Just don’t be upset with me.) I stayed bowed. I could not look up even till I paid for my bus fare back to Ondo, I wept so much people would have thought I lost a dear one. And yes, I did. I lost me.

“When I got to our hostel that day, I walked tacitly to my colleague’s room. I knew eyes were on me like ‘what’s the matter with Abidemi’? But I could not look at anyone. It was like the whole world knew what had befallen me. I wouldn’t know who told Seun I was back. He came to our room a few minutes later and met me crying. Without hearing anything from me, he just asked ‘were you raped’? I didn’t dare utter a word. Seun wept like he was my older brother. I too, kept crying. Nothing, not even my friends could console me.

“Within the period, classes resumed at ACE, but I could not go to school. I lost interest in everything entirely. And as I ruminated on the incident, I started asking God why such fate could befall me few minutes after prayers. I was angry with my dad for wanting me to change school because of his ego. I was angry with Seun for making me to go with Kunle instead of leaving me alone. Seun begged that he never knew Kunle was such a guy. About two weeks later, Kunle came to see his dad in school and Seun picked a fight with him. Instead, he didn’t fight with Seun but came to my room and said ‘haven’t I said I was sorry or which one is this crying over town you’re about’? I just shouted on him to get out of my room.

However, I couldn’t continue life in that environment even though I doubt if anyone apart from Seun knew what had happened. I left and returned home and became quite vicious and disrespectful towards my dad. I was angry with him because it was his laxity that made me to be abused between ages 4 and 6 when he put me in the care of an uncle, one of his brothers, who abused and assaulted me for two years of my early life. Then, the man kept me suppressed by always having a whip around him pretending I was very naughty and needed to be curbed. But when no one was with us, he would beat me to undress. He so much kept me in fears warning that if I ever told anyone, he would kill me.
“In fact, my father invited a psychologist to examine and calm me after I attempted suicide and was too ashamed to note the reason behind my action. Yet, I was never able to tell my father till early this year in March 2014. And since then, I have really seen my father quite sober and pained that his first child had been so debased.

“After some time, I went to look for a job at an events place called Purrples. I kept away from anyone called a ‘male’, ‘boy’ or ‘man’ not wanting a mere ‘hello’ from them besides my male siblings from my dad’s wife. I won’t even greet my father’s male friends.

“Months after it happened and I refused to return to ACE, I began working with an events centre. I was there when another list was released at FUTA and my name was on it. But the mere thought of going to that school traumatised me. I wish I could avoid it. But I needed to get educated. However, I buried myself in my work at the events centre. But after a while, I went to resume at FUTA. I didn’t run into Kunle until after I had completed one year in FUTA as I did all I could to avoid crossing his path. But one day, I was rushing to school as usual when I bumped into his group. On seeing me, they mocked me sore. I ran as much as my legs could carry into my class.

“I later realised that since they knew I was in the school, they began to trail and taunt me. My crying days returned and I began to dress in black. I stopped running from them but did not become their friends either. I continued with my studies and would not allow them to distract me knowing they would soon leave school anyway. Their time was up and they graduated. I moved on with my life.
“At the time I was working at the event centre, I met the guy that was fixing all the computer systems in that company who wanted to become my friend. But I kept off him. However, because I was the company’s contact person, he had my number. Yet, I refused to budge. For the first five years, the man, who later became my husband tried to be my friend. But I resisted. After another six patient years, on September 10, 2011, which incidentally was his birthday, I asked to take him out on his birthday to appreciate him for the years of steady encouragement. It was then he said he didn’t want to be my ‘boyfriend’ but my ‘husband’.

“Prior to the rape experience, I never had a boyfriend or any wilful sensual encounter with the opposite sex. I didn’t know he had observed me so closely. So, when he said he wanted me to be his wife, I just told him without thinking: ‘Do you want to marry a woman that was gang-raped by ‘five men’? He stood stunned and asked what I meant. Carefree, I told him what he heard. I was not worried because I wasn’t looking for marriage anyway. After some days, he returned and said he would still marry me because I needed to get over it instead of living my life in struggles. We eventually got married. And despite the fact that he’s been supportive, there are times I still push him off me as I would scream because the image of Kunle and his friends still hunt me.”

Culled from The Nation

102 comments:

Unknown said...

Now all d ladies re coming out eif their own rape story...#YMYB

Unknown said...

Ehhnn time to share mine...

Jenyking comenting via #etsalat

Uche Emma said...


Rape is becoming something terrible and serious in our country.
Strong legislation should be put in place against rapist

GCN( LADY G ) said...

Ok...gladchinyere@gmail.com

susu cossy said...

God pls save the Nigerian women. I hate hearing the stories of rape. linda pls post

Unknown said...

Nawa oooh everyday rape

GCN( LADY G ) said...

Ok...gladchinyere@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

aliyuzainab89@gmail.com

Bonita Bislam said...

Hmm I wonder the satisfaction rapists derive from such demeaning act.

Eugenia said...

Sad. So so sad.

Unknown said...

Be brave and speak up girls... Is barbaric and evil...

Everything Rosham said...

Hmhmmm...

Gift Lawrence said...

It really hurt. I can imagine how it feels like. its a memory that can never be erased. i pray not to be a victim, also my friends and loved ones out there.

snowflix said...

Rape is really a bad experience, I feel for those that have experienced such. Let's all say No to rape especially men, cos men are mostly found wanted in the act #onelovefromSnow#

Unknown said...

Dis rape story is getting 2 much

Anonymous said...

Nawaooooo some women are just suffering inside ,chai God help your children from the hands of this pigs call rapes, ubochi .C.Kate ,0114600148 Gtb.

Unknown said...

debbie_care@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

hmmmm

Stupid Mistakes Women Make When
Seeking Men ( Must Read For Every Woman )

Okoro said...

Just too sad but. Yes, altho its not easy, coming out is the best way to fight this and encourage other victims.
May God be with us.

Anonymous said...

its sad reading rape stories..one thing i rili hate is rape..i hate hearing stories on it..i jst want the suspects to be hanged wen found!

fozenon@yahoo.com

ary said...

Too bad!

ary said...

Because of the shame of rape and the stigma you risk if you come out, people cover up rape and in turn the rapist goes scot free to continue his life of penury! Being raped is not a person's fault and the world should not look at them differently cos they were victims of rape!

Anonymous said...

o my God. I wept reading ds, hw cld ppl be so callous. I pray God grants u justice. pls love ur husband, he is a good man

Unknown said...

God help us,rapists everywhere,don't know who to trust.abidemi,it is well,nemesis will always catch up with them

Unknown said...

This is soo long..I was rushing tru it,so linda won't upload d giveaway while am reading it, omo dat 1 will be gobe

Unknown said...

So long a narrative bt quite interesting,ladis should be careful of d guyd dey hang out wit,be alert and be mindful of were u go...Njideka.nkem@gmail.com

Angels Mummy said...

God will heal you and other raped and scared victims still suffering. I know what it feels like.

Unknown said...

*siggggggh*
Wt a story
Errrrm emeka c emka in nollywood I must nt see this storyline on any c.d oooo una hia

Anonymous said...

I was raped by my man's friend....A very traumatic experience for me, it wasn't easy thou but in all I thank God that @lst I am not HIV positive but so sad I lost my man cos he can't touch me, look into my eyes without getting drunk..... we took steps but cos of family intervention, we let him go.

Unknown said...

Hmmm so touching, may i never experience such

Unknown said...

Hmmmmmmmm this is so touching. How can people be so heartless?

Unknown said...

Too long a book. Someone should pls summarize.

Angie Cape said...

Shivers all over.. I can totally relate to her ordeal; it's never easy. Only gets easy with the right support system and most importantly, God.

*My R1.50c comment*

Anonymous said...

BLACK PUSSY SAID
Abeg the story is too long, plz someone should summarize it for me cos I don't ve the patient to read.

Dave Mide said...

Please someone should summarize it ...Just too long for me and my eyes aches ...wetin she talk?

Anonymous said...

Things dey happen for dis life o......now dis is pure rape nd nothing but rape! Not those Lasu Nd Unilag runs girls accusing innocent man of rape......mtcheeeew!


#ejikebigdick

Gracee Love said...

Poor woman

Unknown said...

Nkan nbe. I neva visit guys. NEVER! Cuz no1 is holy.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your experience. Try as much to get dat dude imprisoned.
I'm sensitive to d pain of innocent young girls getting raped
However some deliberately put themselves in such pitiable situations.
Ladies pls do not go to d house of any man you are not entirely sure of his character, if you're dating, you should have atleast dated for over 2 months before considering such

Unknown said...

A very long story but I just couldn't help but read to the end. What a touching story. People are so heartless.

Anonymous said...

So touching. Pearl_emerald@ymail.com

Unknown said...

Painful
traumatic act

#Commenting thru Glo 4G LTE

Anonymous said...

Wow, I hope those idiots calling all rape victims runs girls and prostitutes can see rape can happen to good girls too

Anonymous said...

Terrible! Thank God for men like your husband. The Kunle should be arrested wherever he is now.

Anonymous said...

some men are wicked


Festico27@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Kunkle has an older brother Yemi. Kunkle your nemesis has caught up with you. Poster, God will heal u and erase d bad memories

Unknown said...

I no understand dis story ohhh

Unknown said...

this rape of thing always sound somehow to my ear! i mean,how can a sane person involve in that. gosh!



#GodblessNigeria

miquel akins said...

That guy shouldn't go unpublished!

Anonymous said...

This is just so sad!rape is a very painful experience,just one act of rape can mess up a woman's entire life and leave her traumatised forever bt for God's intervention...mine was a near rape experience,i was miraculously saved just @d nick of time n I ws 17yrs den,it made me really paranoid and suspicious for a long time...sadly I didn't report it partly cos of shame bt mainly Bcos he didn't hv his way so I ws just grateful n moved on,only God knows how many oda girls he has raped Bcos of my silence,ladies pls speak up,it won't make d hurt go away bt @least justice will be served and u'll deter d beast 4rm hurting oda women

Anonymous said...

Did she finally seek justice against Kunle and his gang?

Anonymous said...

Linda pls I need her contact I was a victim at age 17 it was horrible I can get it off my my head,it still disturbs me I want to bring up the case I still have some evidence I ve a face book msg I sent to one of them at scene of the rape and he replied me begging for forgiveness,its a horrible experience I was helpless I was a Virgin too I could nt tell my parents cos they were strict to d core,am married now with kids. The main person dat raped me is called oliseh he grew up iin benin off gapiona road benin city,heard he now lives in ph also and for more dan 10yrs of marriage no child,d wife gave birth after 10yrs last year,he must pay for it Linda cos when am ready I will go public

Anonymous said...

this story turned my soul.how can people be so heartless.i am 100% sure the kunle rapist and his friends will be be nowhere in life now(if they are not already dead)you see some people suffering and being unfortunate in life not knowing the sins and atrocities they have commited. Mrs Abidemi i praise you for your resilience and perseverance for being able to go back and complete your education after that traumatic experience and i hope your story serves as an inspiration for people that have gone through similar experience

Anonymous said...

I sincerely cried reading this...Why!!!.u know wat there's this our tenant's son that's my mate I asked my kid sis to go get something from and she refused insisting I followed her,I dint quite take it seriously.But for ur info AZ am coming for u,am gona ask her why n if u ever harrased or wooed her,even looked at her in awkward ways,am running into ur flat bro,dnt care who goes down.your moma and Dad are gona beg for ur life son.Just pray she says it's nothing that she only hates u

Anonymous said...

I've run out of things to say to make some idiots understand that rape is not okay. So what if the girl is a runs girl or visited the guys house or the guy gave her money..nobody forced him o. No is No and Rape is rape. It's just like visiting a girls house and she poisons ur food and says afterall he's a player and all that and then people will start saying why did he visit a girl he doesn't know very well or why did he eat her food. Maybe again u invest ur money in business and u're duped and people start saying is he blind, couldn't he see those people were thieves, or maybe armed robbers steal from you and they'll say he should have locked his doors with a better key. Mind the way you judge or justify evil cos it will backfire 1 way or another. God judges u with the same measure u judge others. So do not rape a good girl, a runs girl or a prostitute just because she's had many d*cks She does not want urs period! But incase u're a wicked soul and u decide 2. May u catch an incurable disease like AIDS even with 10 condoms on. Amen Btw I respect this womans husband men like that are rare..and I respect her for telling him the truth b4 marriage because a man that can't deal with ur past does nt really deserve u and it goes both ways. Maybe he isn't even yours so let him go. My only deal is when u marry be a good faithful wife and men be a good faithful husband. That's it! But ladies take note being a runs girl is just low and as 4 nigerian men quit thinking every1 is after ur money and buying a gift 4 a girl does nt mean she must pay u with sex its all part of ur wooing strategy sleeping with u is not by force U must nt buy gifts and she must not sleep with u even if u do afterall some girls sleep with guys they like for free. Money might make u flashier but it is not all what some girls are looking 4. But what if they are? Ur after the girl cos she's beautiful..lmao. Say N0 2 rape Say YES 2 wooing ----C21

Unknown said...

Tinking

Unknown said...

Sorry girl.it is one of those thing.God blessed you and your husband.Right from child my dad always told us that know body can kill us accept God.so i carried it on my head,when one of my dad friend tried that shit with me i was 5 then.i told my dad about it.i said dad uncle don touched my wickywicky.my dad went to d my house and beaten him up.that was the last time i saw d man in our house.As adult now the beast in okereke family want to tried that,mmmmm die in jail.

Unknown said...

This is a typical story of rape, rape is forceful and treath to human life. Unlike what I read from the previous post where a lady claimed she knew everything in the linus okereke house. I totally believe some of those stories are deals gone bad.
So young ladies be warned.. do not give a guy advanced and false hope when u have devilish plan of eating his money, am sure he as well has a devilish plan of gaining back is losese.

APPLE said...

Dear ladies please speak out!!! It is not your fault!!!

Toronto Finest said...

Time to share yours? Has everyone been raped?

Unknown said...

Horrible

Anonymous said...

God only you can console those women/girls out there that hv bn raped.No rapist must go unpunished.let us all get up n make sure justice is sought.i was almost raped on 2 occasions but my God delivered me from the hands of those evil men.i was not rape but it took me a great deal of years to recover (not completely) .i can only imagine how raped victims must feel.i truely empathize with them.RAPISTSMUSTNOTGOUNPUNISHED

Anonymous said...

*Standing ovation* look at a very intelligent female again o,number2 on here,I wish i was bold enough,I could've dropped a contact so we make history.lol. If C21 is ur age then Yur one brilliant 21.i for like to woo u,then marry u.No rapie!! :d

Anonymous said...

Ur a stupid idiot for this statement...foool!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so sad..Pray never to be a victims..Sincerely empathise with you






Watch and pray for the evil days are here

Anonymous said...

very painful...ken.don10@yahoo.com

ASAMPOKOTO said...

Toronto's finest, what kind of sick humour do you possess? this is remotely funny to you? common sense would dictate that due to our lawless country, a lot of rape goes unpunished and a lot of victims hushed. best believe a lot of nigerian girls grew up being raped or assaulted, I included. so if they feel this is their time to speak up, LET THEM! your sarcasm is not acceptable. not under this post. sicko!

Anonymous said...

Could the ladies out there pls post support networks and numbers for the many women that have suffered this horrible trauma. Women should not have to live in silence with this. Furthermore, I think women should name and shame men who do this. Maybe then Men will start behaving like human beings and other potential victims will stay away from perverts.

Anonymous said...

To be honest young girls need to be educated on this rape issue. No girl wants to be raped, no one plans it. And after being raped most girls end up removing any evidence that can be used to bring justice to the rapist. Rape cases are very difficult to prove, why? because it's your words against the rapists.AFter you are raped, please do not have your bath go straight to a clinic, get the man's semen. It would definetly be on your underwear or your private part or something. That way he will surely be convicted. This rape thing isn't fair at all so it shouldn't go unpunished. But without concrete evidence the rapist might just escape justice. SPEAK OUT ONCE IT IS DONE! FORGET THE SHAME, BE ANGRY AND WISE ENOUGH TO WANT REVENGE BY MAKING SURE THAT PERSONS PAYS BY THE LAW! PLEASE...

Anonymous said...

LADIES THIS IS HOW TO AVOID RAPE: Do not be caught alone with a guy or guys you don't trust or barely know . 2, Do not walk alone at night. 3, report all harrassment prior to the incidence no matter the treat. By the potential rapist. 4, Watch does you keep company with. 5, Do not take drinks you do not know when they whr opened when you go visiting a guy. 6,if you must visit that your male friend, go with a friend. 7,dress decently don't pass the wrong message. 8. Pls be safe ladies. #concernedMale #IHopeThisClueHelps #Godbless

Anonymous said...

Things dey happen, that Kunle is too bad of a guy. benotekcomputers@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

if i love a woman and want to be with her, it doesnt matter if she was raped by 10 men or had an orgy because she is into that sort of thing

but naija women are the cause of all this


instead of you to be dating your mates, you will be doing runs with married men, politicians (one unilag babe told me she screwed Tambuwal the fence jumper), wizkid and davido


so who will now be fucking your mates??? abi agro no dey hook dem? firsst chance they get, they will rape nor ni

Anonymous said...

I was raped once by an idiot,i met him thru a mutual friend nd he was acting nice bt I didn't knw he was d devil himself,he told me he sells ladies stuff,dat a lot of ladies buys from him nd pay little by little dat he own a shop at lagos lsland,so he called dat he was around my place dat he brought some goods to he's customers dat I shuld com check incase of next time I can buy from him,dat d customer wants to buy cloth for he's girlfriend as a surprise,since it was close I went to meet him on getting der,he said d goods was upstairs of d place I dat I should follow him to get it dat he will be leaving immediately he comes back downstairs on getting to d room he jut lock d door behind nd hit me so bad on my face I drop to d floor,he picked me up to d bed nd den raped me badly after he was done he den said he I should tk anything I wnted from d stock,i jut begged him to open d door nd wen he did I ran like a wound chicken,yrs later I saw him once in lagos lsland bt I didn't dare tell anyone abt it dis is d first time in a vry long while am remembering abt it...Dat my story.

Anonymous said...

Bastard,u don't know how many u have raped,ur time is coming soon.

Anonymous said...

this story is funny, how an you think you can see the regsitra on a saturday?Any man that beats or rapes a woman is a coward

Unknown said...

I could kiss you now! #nohomo# I love ur write up. Wish all men/women think this way. Bravo!!!!

Anonymous said...

how can she think she can meet the registra on a saturday?hmmm, men that rapes women or beats women are cowards

Anonymous said...

What a life!!very hurting story..rapists should be killed

Anonymous said...

So touching. Seriously, I think I know this guy. His father was my lecturer then. He is retired now. Such a gentle and nice man. Anyway, do you need to press charges. It doesn't matter how long. Linda pls make this contact and let's get this animal

Chop Chop said...

Your dad wanted the best for you.

Adekunle said...

This is so terrible, how could human beings treat another person in such a way. God will heal you completely dear, you are really strong and I have so much respect for your husband. He is a great man.

Anonymous said...

Ok is it too late to arrest the bastard kunle guy???

Adekunle said...

This is so terrible, how could human beings treat another person in such a way. God will heal you completely dear, you are really strong and I have so much respect for your husband. He is a great man.

Adekunle said...

This is so terrible, how could human beings treat another person in such a way. God will heal you completely dear, you are really strong and I have so much respect for your husband. He is a great man.

amazeballs said...

What an ordeal! You r a strong woman.God bless ur husband.

Unknown said...

Abidemi,
For you my love i break my anonymity. I'm incredibly proud of you. The healing process is almost completely. Thanks for strengthening others through your experience.

Bravo

Omolabake Bode - Matthew

Unknown said...

Abidemi,
For you my love i break my anonymity. I'm incredibly proud of you. The healing process is almost completely. Thanks for strengthening others through your experience.

Bravo

Omolabake Bode - Matthew

Pinkfunky said...

To all who RAPE girls, sisters, women, boys and men, I tell you Karma knows you all and will come haunting you down.
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, a wiser man learns from the mistakes of others"

Franky said...

Hmm......na wa oo frankybaby2005@yahoo.com

Ofilispeaks.com said...

So was Kunle arrested?

Toronto Finest said...

@Anonymous... Yes I raped your mother.. Coward lol.. u shd have put up your name.. bad belle

Anonymous said...

Omg. I am so sorry for what you went through. I am also a victim of rape while at OOU. My rapist was my 1st 'boyfriend'. I was too ashamed to tell anyone. I feared they would tell me 'it serves me right' afterall, he was my boyfriend. This was 9 years ago. I still regret losing my virginity to rape, and it is one experience I would never wish on my enemy. All you can do is try and move on. And pray that all rapists get what is coming to them.

Unknown said...

Kunle Koleosho, where are you?

Anonymous said...

Am sure sunmola is a rapist

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad for her.
The story is so detailed that you know that she is replaying the events in her head as she narrated her experience.
Who knows where the Kunle Koleosho and co are now? He better not be on facebook.
Mrs Abidemi, I hope you have found some sort of relief having told your story.
Pele.

OMG!WOMAN said...

I can't believe a human being could utter what you just said after such a heartbreaking, life breaking tale. Dear Lord keep you strong madam.

Anonymous said said...

Abidemi have you attended House of God and also sister to Sola?

Anonymous said...

It's not much enough since your own will soon add up. How can you be so insensitive to ppls pain.

Anonymous said...

What a mess! This is just too bad. If possible, post his picture ao his family, friends, coworkers and members if his church can see it. God will heal you completely.

Anonymous said...

So sad a tale. So unfortunate Dr.Koleosho had such a son that didn't take after him. I believe the Great God of Heaven Will Meet this lady at the point of her need. May the Balm of Gilead Avail for you. Please let's stop violence against people!

Anonymous said...

I have been following this lady's story for a while now, the devil that led the gang is OLAKUNLE KOLEOSHO and he works at Customs. Check her website...

Unknown said...

You are very correct. He works with the Customs now. His full name Olakunle Koleosho

Recent Posts