"Burna Boy didn’t fire me" - his mum speaks for the first time | Welcome to Linda Ikeji's Blog

LI_Leaderboard_4

LI_Leaderboard_1

LI_Leaderboard_2

LI_Leaderboard_3

Saturday 9 August 2014

"Burna Boy didn’t fire me" - his mum speaks for the first time

A few weeks ago, music sensation Burna Boy took to Twitter to announce that his mum, Bose Ogulu was no longer his manager (read here). Speaking for the first time about it, his mum insists she wasn't fired and she still manages most of his business affairs.

Mrs Ogulu tells Punch
“I was not in the country when the story broke and I have said I would not make any comment on it because it is totally unimportant. Whether I am his manager or not, he is my child and there is no role bigger than that. I am so shocked about how people made a big deal of the issue. I am not a musician or an entertainer, so I don’t owe anyone an explanation but he has done enough." Continue....
“They should just leave the poor boy alone. I am not a twitter reading person; I talk to him on a daily basis, so I am not interested in what is on twitter. I have absolutely no problem with my child and as far as his career goes, I still do what I have to do. I still do everything I used to do but I cannot always do everything. I was out of the country for about eight weeks, how much can I do? There is no issue with us and there is no reason to feel anyhow. It is something we discussed and I still do what I have to do, I still manage some of his accounts, transactions and endorsements but I can’t do everything. There is no issue there at all. If I have an issue with my son I would go and meet him. I still handle his corporate shows because nobody else can do that for now. I am only one person and I am not a young person and he is going bigger every day. This is not something that should have been misconceived at all.”
She also also reacted to Burna Boy's recent tweet where he said he will never get married
 “The boy is 23 and if he feels that at his age he would not marry, he can change his mind in five years. He can even change his mind tomorrow. I am just laughing that he said he would not get married. How many people have said that in the industry and are married today? When I was younger, I remember saying that I would not get pregnant when I saw pregnant women but now, I have three children,” she said.

49 comments:

Ceeflo said...

I love her repose..well now she has cleared the air...just hope its the truth

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, she is a very wise woman.

http://JobandPay.com/?id=123966

Bishop Dammy said...

Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: According to thy lovingkindness remember thou me, For thy goodness' sake, O Jehovah. Psalm 25:7. BishopDammy# imahiadammy@gmail.com

Bonita Bislam said...

She should have continued the silence and let blabbermouths continue to wonder if the egg is older the chick or vice versa

Anonymous said...

He looks exactly like his momma....wizkid is a year older than burna boy sef..lol



Watch hilarious videos here

This is Exactly how Desperate Ladies take Advantage of Men

CRAZY PRANK: Man Caught his BestFriend in Bed with his Mum

Secondary school girl doing things with a gateman in the bus

Girl Humiliated for Stealing Plastic Buckets in Congo

Anonymous said...

Change is the only constant thing in life.

whitefalcon said...

Madam u owe nobody any explanations. Burna is your son, that is something nobody can take away from u. People will always read meaning into everything.

Keep up the good work and may God bless your family.

Dear Burna boy,whether u marry or not,is ur business. You don't need to blow your trumpet about it.

Anonymous said...

Burna boy 23 madam nawo o! #SB#

Anonymous said...

Wise woman. She addressed the issue like a mother would.

Anonymous said...

They don't have to be on bad terms for her to take a backseat managing his career.

9jahub Blog said...

Nw we knw d truth

Anonymous said...

Good Mum. but b sincere He's older Dan 23yrs #posted via Felaxzy

ary said...

Okay then. What next.

Unknown said...

What if he fired you

Unknown said...

very smart woman...pple wunt face dier life and problems, carrying others wahala on dier head like its d cure to Ebola... nonsense

Unknown said...

I love this Madam, very mature one.
⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥♡thanks ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥ 

Anonymous said...

Cursed Gay Kid. How r u

Anonymous said...

Big liars,burna boy 23 kor hell fire boy 30 ni.
Liars,so wen did u av him as a kid,wen u whr 45years old.
The mumu sef go dey happy,wtf do dey sing,crap.
So wen he was banned frm uk whr he was knwn to be a yahoo boi scamming ppl based on come n marry dating n transfer scam,hw old was he then 14years abi.
Awon oponu oniranu oshi,
Den tmrw chidinma go say she b 18 n a virgin.dumb bunch of boring harsh tagging celebrities

Bunch of wackos.

#tomtom the wonder boy said so#

Angie said...

Mothers are "the most special" in their children's lives; they might not admit it, but it's true.
No matter what happened, no one can take the place of a mother.

* My R1.50c comment *

Anonymous said...

E good to get intelligent mama ooh cheiiii...!!! Just imagine mama Peace answering these questions, Lol lol lol bombs go blow..... On another note, why is this cat 23 and he is looking "30".........#cheEzyjayne

Unknown said...

Wise woman...I like how she handle d matter..thanx mum

Ada said...

She just spoke like a mother. People taking drugs for other peoples' headache.

Olubukola Ozone said...

Ehn ehn... Av bin waitin for a responce from her since d time of d news. I love d way she went abt d whole thing

Anonymous said...

He's not older than 23..knew him back in d days in Ph.dats his actual age.

Unknown said...

Family is here, not my biz.

queenreigneth@gmail.com

landlord said...

23 ke...well guess that's his music age

Anonymous said...

Now dats wisdom!

Unknown said...

NOW D ISSUE HAS BN ADDRESS.... PPLE PLX MIND UR BIZZZZ
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.ZB

Anonymous said...

na so gud mother dy respond,matters like dis shud nt be solve on twitter or facebook.gbam

dhobiz said...

Good response,wonder why people will open their mouth and say whatever they like

Unknown said...

Very wise response...

Anonymous said...

Hope you are calm now ma'am I'm so sorry about last night. I can't reach you to explain.
-Larissa-

Anonymous said...

He jst wat some freedom. LIB Princess! Pretex4luv@yahoo.com

Angie said...

I didn't intro this blog to you to stalk and insult me Lar. I hope your friend is calm from the slap becos NO ONE racially discriminates against my kids and gets away with it. There I was, being treated like a VIP and my kids been trampled on, and you just stood there like a log of wood..
And find somewhere else for your swimming lesson biz cos if I see you around my house again, I'll get you arrested for trespassing.
Have a nice life!

Angie said...

And take your sorry and shove it where sun don't shine!!..

Anonymous said...

People are always entitled to their opinion(s). If you aint ok with his age, go hug the ground. I've known him from church "Victory Baptist Church Ph". In addition, his mum wld never twist her words! Thumbs up Aunty Bose.

Anonymous said...

Good mothers always b good mothers,ur baby boy act like a little boy he is,bt u accept him & act like a good mum.lv u.

Anonymous said...

Wisdom speaking and I see where Burna Boy success is coming from. Wish you guys more success.

Unknown said...

This old man dey claim 23? It is well

Chikaka said...

"Senior" Bose. OGQC!

APPLE said...

I feel she shouldn't even have bothered responding. I had even forgotten the matter. Rascal of a son! Mtcheeeeew.

Unknown said...

it is well..nice response Mama burna boy..family is everytin.

jbankzE said...

Ds old man is 23? Datz messd up menh! His mom shuld leav em alone,his career is finishd

~@iamJbankz S.A to President Jonathan 2015~

Beeteewhy said...

Its high time miss linda addressed the issue of cyber bullying on this young man mr onyx. I don't care what his sexual orientation is,the way some libers insults him here is becoming disgusting and it shows a high level of immaturity. If d dude wasn't d type with a tough skin,he would have been forced to do something crazy thinking the whole world hates him..its not even certain that he is gay..let the young man be! The guy is full of life and having fun in this crazy world that no one is fully promised of tomorrow..so let us mind our business and cut him some slack. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Without your gist in their mouth dey get toothache.. #God Is Watching

Anonymous said...

Burna got a hot mommy oh and I wouldn't mind if becomes my sugamommy oh!

Anonymous said...

Fuck u all, worry about yourselves, many of you here haven't had a decent meal. Yet worry over burna boys age. Sorry 4 u all

Anonymous said...

Na wah ohh! Don't U guys have each others' phone numbers? What is this about presenting Ur personal issues on a blog???

Unknown said...

Very good response

Recent Posts